Coronavirus Update 11th January 2021
In these unprecedented times, we want to support both our tenant and landlord communities in the best way we can.
THIS POST IS BEING REGULARLY UPDATED
We want to assure you that we are doing all we can to protect our staff, tenants, landlords and the wider community.
As the situation continues to evolve we will keep you up to date with any changes relating to maintenance, office support, and tenancies.
These are our current updates…..
Contacting ProletOur office is open, our phone lines are manned and we are fully contactable via e-mail. We would however ask that you only visit the office if absolutely necessary and call 01603 763363 or email where possible.
- For Residential lets – please contact Kim.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Student lets –please contact Rochelle.email@example.com
- For Maintenance – please contact Katrina.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- For Landlord queries – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Government Support for Tenants and Landlords
- The Coronavirus Act 2020 provides protection to social and private tenants by delaying when landlords can start proceedings to evict tenants. This means that from 29 August 2020, with the exception of the most serious cases, landlords are not able to start possession proceedings unless they have given their tenants 6 months’ notice. This legislation will be in place for at least six weeks until the end of 21 February and will be kept under review.
- The mortgage holiday for landlords has been extended, with applications open to 31 March 2021. Borrowers, including those with a Buy to Let mortgage, who have been impacted by Coronavirus and have not yet had a mortgage payment holiday will be entitled to a 6-month holiday, and those that have already started a mortgage payment holiday will be able to top up to 6 months without this being recorded on their credit file.
- Tenants should continue to pay rent and abide by all other terms of their tenancy agreement to the best of their ability. The government has made a strong package of financial support available to tenants, and where they can pay the rent as normal, they should do. Tenants who are unable to do so should speak to their landlord at the earliest opportunity.
Self-IsolationAs per Government guidelines updated on 18th December 2020, anyone with symptoms should stay at home for at least 10 days. Those living with other people should stay at home for at least 10 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home. PLEASE contact the office via email to let us know if you and your household are self-isolating. This will help us to provide the necessary help with regard to maintenance, office support, and your tenancy.
Help for TenantsFor tenants who may have trouble paying their rent because of a change in their work circumstances or because they are ill, the Government has put in place a range of extra support and measures. If you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay your rent due to the current coronavirus outbreak, please get in touch as soon as possible via email We would encourage you to apply for Statutory Sick Pay and Universal Credit if you are eligible. The Government has introduced changes to make it easier to apply. Further details can be found here https://www.understandinguniversalcredit.gov.uk/coronavirus/
Routine Property InspectionsRoutine property inspections are not taking place during the current lockdown. Where there is a legal and/or safety requirement such as a Gas Safety check due, these will be taking place.
Property MaintenanceWe will only be undertaking emergency maintenance issues. Please continue to log any maintenance requests via Fixflo, but please understand that non-emergency maintenance will not be prioritised during lockdown. When logging any maintenance requests you must inform us if you are self-isolation.
Property ViewingsProperty viewings are taking place virtually where possible. In person viewings can take place, providing no parties are self-isolating. Where a tenancy is due to end, we will be in touch on a case by case basis to discuss the best way to proceed.
Join our mailing list
Receive updates and new listings straight to your mailbox